A very brief update:
– I’ve been in Thailand since Sunday. Phuket and the Phi Phi Islands were lovely, picturesque and relaxing. Bangkok is lovely, lively and crazy. I think I’ll need to go back to the islands to recover from my three days here.
– I love the chaos. I feel like the Bangkok city designers got inside my brain and haphazardly built streets in the same illogical manner I would have.
– You think traffic is bad in America? Try driving here. Unless you’re on a scooter, you will sit at one traffic light for 15 minutes. I’m not even exaggerating.
– I’m a Northwesterner, so I talk about weather a lot. But seriously, guys. THE RAIN. Yes, I survived a typhoon in Hong Kong, but I’ve also waded to dinner in Singapore and enjoyed a Splash Mountain-esque tuk tuk ride in Bangkok. Daily thunderstorms are the norm in Southeast Asia this time of year, and I can’t stress how different it is from the drizzly grey rain back home.
– My phone has decided to stop working. After paying a certain big-name phone provider lots of money to continue my hourly Facebook stalking habit while abroad, I’m a bit frustrated. No, I CANNOT hear you now!
– I sadly have only one more day, which I intend to fill with amazing food, shopping and massages. Then, for the true Bangkok experience, I will stay up all night with my Seattle friends who now live here until I have to catch a cab to the airport at 2 a.m.
*Title inspired by Hilary Duff for the third time. Because why mess with a good thing?